Wednesday 7 October 2015

Genius Hour Update 3

This has been a productive week for my Genius Hour. I completed the movie trailer and have written my TED talk (although I haven’t actually presented it yet). Apart from the Learning Object, which I will complete within the next few days, I’m pretty much done!

            I loved loved loved making the movie trailer. I used iMovie for the first time and it was relatively easy, plus it was so much fun using the puppets to make the trailer. It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything like that, so it’s nice to get back into the drama/theatre side of things again, even if it is just for this brief project.

            My fiancĂ© Jeff was a tremendous help in making the trailer, because initially I had been unsure of what to do for the setting. I considered going outside and shooting in a nearby park, but Jeff had the great idea of using our TV and setting up backgrounds on the TV. It worked a lot better than either of us expected, actually. For future videos, I am definitely making use of puppets and various backdrops again. Everyone loves puppets.


            The TED talk is going to be longer than the five minutes expected, and I still didn’t fit in barely anything I wanted to say, but no one really wants to listen to me talk for an hour, which I easily could! As much as I like the sound of my own voice, I’ll spare the general public from hearing too much of it and keep the speech short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment