Thursday 17 September 2015

Genius Hour Post 1: The Dinosaur Wars!

Hello world!

Welcome to my Genius Hour Blog. This blog also doubles as a blog documenting my experiences at Brock Teacher’s College, and I may use it into the beyond when I enter the real world of teaching.

Every Genius Hour has to have a question, and here is my (awesome) question:

How did the Bone Wars influence/contribute to the fields of archeology and paleontology?

On this blog you will witness the journey as I discover how E.D. Cope and O.C. Marsh proceeded to wreak havoc on the scientific world in the effort to be the best.

My goals for this project, in addition to learning for learning’s sake is to have something interesting to tell my kid when he/she goes through their inevitable dino craze.

Progress is a little difficult to measure with this sort of project, as it is not something like preparing for a 10 KM run, where you can watch the progress of your running times go down. My goal is to complete a major component of the Genius Hour each week.


That’s all for now.

Pictured below: Dinosaurs being awesome

Meyer-Rassow, Steven. "Cool Dinosaur Art." (2015)
Retrieved from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/316166836315894477/

No comments:

Post a Comment